COVID-19 Small Business Relief Grant
The Fort Stockton Economic Development Corporation (EDC) is actively working on approval of a $400,000 COVID-19 Small Business Relief Grant program to help non-essential small business owners that have been affected during this pandemic. Funds could be available to qualified businesses as soon as May 15, 2020.
The COVID-19 Small Business Relief Grant program will provide qualified businesses with $1,500 per full-time employee, with a maximum of $10,000 per business. Qualifying businesses include non-essential retail, hairstylist, restaurants, and any other non-essential businesses with fewer than 25 employees within the extraterritorial jurisdiction of the Fort Stockton Economic Development Corporation.
The program was initially approved by the EDC at the April 20, 2020 board of directors meeting but requires two public readings and approval by the Fort Stockton City Council prior to funding. Council held the first reading during their regularly scheduled meeting Tuesday, April 28, 2020, with the second reading and possible approval to be voted on during the May 11, 2020 meeting.
The grant program has been designed to help local businesses “promote or develop or expand their business enterprise back to the level prior to the Economic Retraction caused by the COVID-19 National Disaster,” as stated in the program contracts.
EDC Director Remie Ramos said, “we are looking forward to helping the citizens of Fort Stockton as we work through these times that have put unforeseen strains on our community.”
Completed applications may be emailed (with all required documentation) to firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered in a sealed envelope (with all required documentation) to the City Hall drive-through at 121 W 2nd Street in Fort Stockton.
Application & Documentation:
- Copies of 2019 4th Quarter payroll tax IRS Form 941 report, if applicable.
- Copies of 2019 4th Quarter TWC wage report, if applicable.
- Copy of Form 1040 – Schedule C (only) of most recent Income Tax Return filing, if applicable.
- Each applicant must disclose if they have applied for other funding related to COVID-19 and provide copies of the application(s) for the funding, including Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) funding through the SBA.
- Texas Comptroller of Public Account’s 2020 1st quarter sales tax receipt(s), if applicable.
- Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification
This grant program is available to eligible non-essential businesses within the extraterritorial jurisdiction of the Fort Stockton EDC. To apply, return the application and all required documents.